In order to perform an international wire transfer or receive inwards Telegraphic Transfer (TT) from overseas to your Maybank account in Malaysia, you will need to provide the Maybank bank SWIFT code for the transaction. So, what is the Maybank SWIFT code in Malaysia? Is the SWIFT code similar for all Maybank branches?
For an inward international remittance into any Maybank account that is maintained with any branches in Maybank Malaysia, the SWIFT code will be MBBEMYKL (8 characters) or MBBEMYKLXXX (11 characters). There will be a service fee of RM5.00 for each inward transfer received from overseas (borne by the recipient). –official reply from Maybank Malaysia
Generally speaking, most of the time, you don’t need to care about which branch your Maybank bank account is held. The only SWIFT code you need is the 8-digit code: MBBEMYKL as all wire remittance is processed by Maybank Headquarter in Malaysia.
However, in some cases, if your bank processes payments through a specific branch, you will need the 11-digit code which includes the branch identifier as well. In case you require the SWIFT code of each Maybank branches, here is the list of Maybank branch SWIFT codes (they are all different in the last 3-digit) in Malaysia by state and city:
MALAYAN BANKING BERHAD (MAYBANK) Branches’ Swift Codes
- BUTTERWORTH, PENANG (TRADE FINANCE CENTER) – MBBEMYKLBWC
- PENANG, PENANG (TRADE FINANCE CENTER) – MBBEMYKLPGC
- PENANG, PENANG – MBBEMYKLPEN
- IPOH, PERAK – MBBEMYKLIPH
- JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR – MBBEMYKLJOB
- PASIR GUDANG, JOHOR – MBBEMYKLPSG
- KOTA KINABALU, SABAH – MBBEMYKLKIN
- KUALA LUMPUR (BANGSAR BARU BRANCH) – MBBEMYKLBAN
- KUALA LUMPUR (BUKIT BINTANG BRANCH) – MBBEMYKLBBG
- KUALA LUMPUR (CUSTODIAN SERVICES DEPARTMENT) – MBBEMYKLCSD
- KUALA LUMPUR (KEPONG BRANCH) – MBBEMYKLKEP
- KUALA LUMPUR (PUDU BRANCH) – MBBEMYKLPUD
- KUALA LUMPUR (SUBANG AIRPORT) – MBBEMYKLSUB
- KUALA LUMPUR (TRADE FINANCE CENTER) – MBBEMYKLKLC
- KUALA LUMPUR (WISMA SIME DARBY BRANCH) – MBBEMYKLWSD
- KUALA LUMPUR – MBBEMYKLXXX
- MALACCA, MALACCA – MBBEMYKLMAL
- PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR (TRADE FINANCE CENTER) – MBBEMYKLPJC
- PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR (YONG SHOOK LIN BRANCH) – MBBEMYKLYSL
- PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR – MBBEMYKLPJY
- PORT KLANG, SELANGOR – MBBEMYKLPKG
- SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR (TRADE FINANCE CENTER) – MBBEMYKLSAC
- SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR – MBBEMYKLSHA
- SEREMBAN, NEGRI SEMBILAN – MBBEMYKLSBN
- MAYBANK INTERNATIONAL LABUAN BRANCH – MBBEMY2LXXX
- MAYBANK INTERNATIONAL (L) LTD. LABUAN – MBBEMYKAXXX
What is the Bank Branch Code and how to get it?
If the sender’s bank requires branch code, you may refer to the 2nd digit to the 6th digit of your account number. Your branch code/branch number is contained in your bank account number, specifically the 2nd to the 6th digit. For example, if your bank account number is 123456789012, the branch code is 23456. The first digit indicates the account type.
Maybank (Malayan Banking Berhad) is the largest bank and financial group in Malaysia, with significant banking operations in Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines. The Group has the largest network among Malaysian banks of over 2,100 branches and offices in 17 countries, employing 42,000 Maybankers and serving over 21 million customers. Total assets: US$ 135 billion, market capitalization: US$ 22 billion (as of March 31, 2011).
Maybank operates consumer banking, business, and corporate banking as well as private banking services. Besides, its commercial banking network, Maybank operates a number of specialized subsidiaries in the insurance, investment banking and assets management, and finance sectors
- Bank Address: Menara Maybank, No 100, Jalan Tun Perak, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- HQ Contact: +603-2070 8833
- Website: www.maybank.com
- Customer Care Hotline: 1-300 88 6688 (Malaysia), +603-7844 3696 (Overseas)